Re: [Tech Tip - A2 CIS-E] Re: Sputtering CIS-E

> <type53@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Test the fuel injectors for starters . . .
> >
> > The test is outlined in Bentley.
> >
> > I've got similar problems with my 1987 Golf GT -
> which
> > has the same drivetrain (almost, the '85 is HT,
> mine
> > is RD). I have a rough idle and sputtering
> pathetic
> > acceleration. Good fuel pumps & filter. Relatively
> > recent O2 sensor.  I tested the injectors -
> uniform
> > spray pattern across all four.
> >
> > I guess the next thing I'll be checking is the
> cold
> > start valve to see if it is leaking. And of
> course,
> > all the electrical connections and vacuum
> connections
> > . . .
> >
> > I'm scratching my head too . . . .
> >
> > :-(
>
> How about checking the banjo bolt that holds the
> fuel supply line to the
> fuel distributor,
> they came with a screen from the factory, that was
> supposed to be removed
> on the car's 1st service.
>
> That's the first thing I check on A2's with
> driveability problems.
>
> Btw, Sciroccos never used the screened banjo bolt...
> (At least not in the
> US.)

Thanks Peter, the Banjo's fine (but I'm not playin'
it) - no screen . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)