[Tech Tip - A2 CIS-E] Re: Sputtering CIS-E

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 06:40:47 -0700 (PDT) Mash <type53@yahoo.com> writes:

> Test the fuel injectors for starters . . .
>
> The test is outlined in Bentley.
>
> I've got similar problems with my 1987 Golf GT - which
> has the same drivetrain (almost, the '85 is HT, mine
> is RD). I have a rough idle and sputtering pathetic
> acceleration. Good fuel pumps & filter. Relatively
> recent O2 sensor.  I tested the injectors - uniform
> spray pattern across all four.
>
> I guess the next thing I'll be checking is the cold
> start valve to see if it is leaking. And of course,
> all the electrical connections and vacuum connections
> . . .
>
> I'm scratching my head too . . . .
>
> :-(

How about checking the banjo bolt that holds the fuel supply line to the
fuel distributor,
they came with a screen from the factory, that was supposed to be removed
on the car's 1st service.

That's the first thing I check on A2's with driveability problems.

Btw, Sciroccos never used the screened banjo bolt... (At least not in the
US.)

Peter - http://thescirocco.com -  Bear, Delaware

                                             '79 Scirocco 16V "Retro"
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Scirocco "Oddball"
'84 GTI
SciRollers For Sale, or For Parts: '79 White Champagne Edition, '80 Red,
'84 Black, '88 Red