Re: How can I make my manifold look cool?

On Fri, 06 Jul 2001 15:46:43  "Lisa Lutman" <llutman@hotmail.com> writes:
>So, my 16V manifold is getting pretty old and a bit ugly, IMO. Aside
>from
>polishing it, what other things can I do to it to make it look nice?
>Pics/costs/shops that do this (west coast, i.e. Vancouver, Seattle)
>would be
>greatly appreciated.
>
>Send your .02 my way!
>
>Thanks in advance,

Mine was an 8V application but you can get an idea how it looks when its
all polished:
<http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1308/intake.gif>

When polishing gets carried away:
<http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1308/eng.gif>

16V manifolds have more stuff to polish so cost could be more in the
"send it out and have it done" approach. In the do it yourself mode, it
will take some time and some money buying the equipment required to give
it that high luster shine. There is some maintenance required to keeping
it shinny. I just use some brake cleaner and its like new again.

Then there is the powder coating method. Lots of choices of colors. Cost
can be a factor, doing one piece can be cost prohibited unless you have a
"hook up" with someone.
Shop around, places seem to look to charge an outrageous price. Some
places will already be doing a color batch and will just let you slip
your parts in for a small fee. Hope you like the color they're doingb
tho! Black is a comon color so odds are with you.

Or just pay da man and get exactly what you want. Better to have a
plethora of parts you want done all at once.

Painting is a easy way to do it yourself. I dont think you will have the
longevidity of powdercoating but, as is with anything, proper care and it
will last forever.

Whatever you decide, GL!

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!