Re: Resurrecting a Rocco Was: RE: I got to drive my very first Rocco today (LONG)

  I do not have any data on durability of fluids sitting for a long time
in a car, but for emergency generators, it is recommended to rotate fuel
stocks as it goes bad after 3 months.  There are additives to extend the
life but I suspect they may leave some residue.

  I take no chances: I take my Roc out May 1st and put it back in
October 31st.  Before storing, I change the oil (dyno, not synthetic),
keep fuel to the absolute low (less than a gallon left). In the spring,
when I take it out, I change the oil again and the filter. And I throw
in injector cleaner with the first full RON 94 tank.

  I also replace the coolant. Thinking about transmission and brake
fluids, but still stick to the recommended manufacturer's schedule :-)

  Overkill maybe, but in 17 years, no engine problems. And a lot cheaper
than a breakdown.

	Jean-Claude
	84 8v (VDO odometer bug started today. Aaargh!)