Re: Resurrecting a Rocco Was: RE: I got to drive my very first Rocco today (...

I've had my fuel pumps freeze up on me even if I drained the fuel and put
fresh in before I started it.  The fuel left in the pump just gunked up and
got the pump stuck.

I wonder what the feasibility is of draining the gas, putting in 1/2 gallon
or so of diesel fuel and running the pump for a few seconds with the
injectors pulled out to flush the system with diesel before storing the car?

Then when you're ready to pull it out of mothballs, do the opposite with
gasoline.

Any comments?

Tom
76 Rocco
78 Audi Fox GTI
79 Rocco
80 Rocco (future SOLO car)
81 Rocco S (parts car)
81 Porsche 924 Turbo (blown turbo)
82 Rabbit Pickup
84 Rocco (parts car)
85 Audi Coupe GT
86 Rocco 8 V (daily driver, future 16 V)
87 16 V Rocco (organ donor)