Re: euro fuel injection, fact or fiction?

At 7:49 PM -0400 7/2/01, Eric L Ellis wrote:
>TESTIFY!!!

Do I get to testify too??? :)

>  > had 50mm intake, no cat, and a euro intake cam. I personally don't
>  > thing the
>>  FI has much to do with the power gain (put the intake,cam,no cat on
>>  a PL and
>>  I think you're still at 136, if not more) but some people like it's
>>  simplicity and pure mechanical operation. You will pollute.

Yes you will pollute, and you will also use about 10% more gas (as
per my experience on a built 2L, anyways), but you will also make
more power.  I went from a properly-tuned CIS-E system to a
properly-tuned CIS euro system and I'm here to say that it made more
power starting in the midrange and continuing right up to rev
limiter.  How much power?  I dunno, since I didn't do back-to-back
dyno runs.  I did get a run in this january though, making 143.6hp at
the wheels IIRC.  That was with a non-functioning fuel pressure
regulator (non-functioning because I hadn't plugged the damn thing in
yet :P), which caused it to run overly rich... I will get the car
back on the dyno as soon as SHANNON gets his shite together and
organizes another Northwest Dyno Day.

You listenin', punk?  Get on it.

>  > old-school CIS-basic. Still a compromise as far as I'm concerned.

In my experience, the only compromise is that I'm using more gas than
I used to.  Since I'm also getting more power, I'm not complaining.
Actually, the car is a touch boggy for the first minute or two when
it's started cold, but cold starting itself is just as good as
before, as is hot starting, idle (cold and hot), and overall
driveability.  I dig it, but YMMV.