Re: My Scirocco Weekend

Craig Williams wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Just want to toot my own horn.
>
> I managed to get some time in the garage to work on my Scirocco this
> weekend. I installed a 1985 Cabriolet radiator and custom fit an overflow
> bottle to the car. After installing a new battery I took her out for a spin.
> The car still isn't running right, but it's mainly hard to start and idles
> rough. Once you get it going and over 2000 RPM's it seemed fine. Really
> weird.
<snip>

How about semi dirty injectors? Bad when flow is low, but more flow and
spray pattern picks up. B12 Chem tool on a half tank, don't let it sit
anywhere too long idling.

Cool mod btw, I'm going to fit the washer bottle in the back of my 81 to
handle both front & rear and use the front mount on the inner fender for
a coolant overflow bottle, w/ a later radiator. (I really like the A3
round-ish coolant tanks myself.)

I thought to mount a stock bracket to the side of the shock tower but
don't want to rivet any holes.

> But I have to say, when I was screaming around that freeway on ramp, it put
> a HUGE smile on my face to be driving the Scirocco again. Even when it isn't
> running perfectly, it's a joy to drive.

Well, watcha' expect?   8 ])

> Later -- Craig Williams
> 1981 Scirocco S 2008cc 16V (As seen in 01-2001 Sport Compact Car)

Yep, I have that issue. You my Hero Craig.

TBerk