Re: euro fuel injection, fact or fiction?

>From: "Allyn" <amalventano1@home.com>

>whats up with the euro fuel injection
>has no lambda and is supposedly more power, is this all true?

Oh no, not this again.... oh well here's the lowdown

Used on the 1.8l KR motor in europe, which made 136 HP. The KR motor also
had 50mm intake, no cat, and a euro intake cam. I personally don't thing the
FI has much to do with the power gain (put the intake,cam,no cat on a PL and
I think you're still at 136, if not more) but some people like it's
simplicity and pure mechanical operation. You will pollute.

The nice thing (IMO) of the CIS-E is that it "fine tunes" the fuel ratio, to
make sure that you're on target. I'd feel much safer if I had this ability,
say if I had a turbo on my car. Malfunctioning electronics can be
frustrating to fix, and this prompts many to ditch the CIS-e for the
old-school CIS-basic. Still a compromise as far as I'm concerned.

my $ 0.02

Jonas