fun with Carfax

Just stumbled across a BIG ole pile of registrations from past cars of mine,
going back to my '73 240z that I sold in '78, my Mk1 & Mk2 GTIs, and a couple
of others.  Having that link to the free Carfax check I quickly went through
all the VINs.  Several didn't turn up at all - no surprise.  My '85 GTI,
which I got rid of in '88 with about 60k on the clock, turns up still
registered - and it shows something like 85k on the clock in '94.  Can you
say, VDO odometer??  :D  My '88 Integra, which I sold in '93 with 90k, was
issued a "junk title" in '97 at 124k.. too bad, that thing was immaculate
at 90k.

In case you don't have the free Carfax check link, here 'tis:

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/PromoPage1_New02.cfm

It has been up for some time, and works flawlessly, just like the pay
version.

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0