Re: Why do you own a Scirocco?

When I was 14 back in 1988, a friend of my father's
used to take me to Tom's River NJ in his 83or84
Scirocco.  I thought it was the cooooolest car.  One
day, we were at a stoplight right next to a tricked
out MK1 and he waved at us.  Right then I knew that
sciroccos were cool.  After driving a couple bugs, I
needed a better, faster, more reliable ride and after
searching for a 16V Gti for what seemed like forever I
finally came across the 87 16V Scirocco that I still
have today.  After personally putting 160k miles on
it, I have NEVER been broken down in the car anywhere.
 I have thouroughly LOVED the feeling I get when
driving the car each and every moment I've spent
behind the wheel.  It just gets better and better and
better.  Of course, I haven't driven it in 3 weeks
since I got my Tacoma but hey, I need to put the
tierods on that I bought from Potterman a year ago.
heheheh!
Remember the old Toyota jingle?...Just say this in
your head..."I love what you do for me, Scirocco!!!"

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco
1979 Scirocco - when will it be done?
1997 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Xtracab FINALLY!!
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith