[OT] Possible GLI for sale - Prelim Headsup

 I have a guy in the next building over here at work who has an 87 Jetta
GLI (16v). He has had some bad luck with the linkage (broken nylon cap)
and possibly has burned up the clutch lining. For sure the lever moves
too freely and it might be a push through situation. That and the smell
of baked disk is very strong.

 Other than than the obvious I'm not sure of the cars over all condition
other than I have seen it run and the motor seems decent, the body is
great and the interior is also in good shape.

The reason for this email is to alert the list to _possible_ opportunity
to purchase it, it might be a win-win situation.

(I am half tempted to repair the car myself but I am not too interested
in 16 valvers and I just committed to a 'new' 8 valve car anyway).

Car is 30 miles south of S.F. and the guy is only just coming to grips
with the situation. He'll be deciding what to do and I'll post a follow up.

Oh- if anyone is interested in doing the guy a favor and fixing it for
him, you might be able work out some kind of deal. Dunno.

TBerk
looking out for my buds.