RE: Tanrantula Mags

Good effort Randy but you are thinking of Snowflakes. Tarantula wheels come
on some Rabbits (non-GTi), 82-83' roccos, '83 Rabbit convertables, '82-'83
Quantums, and probably a few others. Snowflakes came on '84- quantums
including Synchros, '83-86 Gti's, Cabriolets '84-, and some roccos '83-.

>I was waiting for someone else to point this out, but I guess I'm the
>chosen
>one this time.
>The 86 8V GTI had the Tarantula wheels with center caps, among other VW
>models.
>They were complete silver paint/clearcoat (as apposed to machined/black
>like
>on the 83-84 GTI).
>Just thought I'd help clear this one up. :-)
>I actually have a couple of these (caps) and the bottlecap center caps in a
>box somewhere in my VW junk if anyone want's them.
>
>Randy B
>81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
>81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - future Oettinger 16V project
>87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA