Re: Soft wheels feedback & conclusion

RoccoPhil wrote:

> "While I'm at it, avoid the '89-92 GLI BBS mesh 1-piece wheels
> and the '90-92 GTI 16V BBS 2-piece wheels too, they are also very soft.
> Cool wheels, but absolute mush."

I've heard this over and over for years, never anyone defending them.. so
I think this is pretty accurate.

> I had hoped that the wheels VW had chosen would be good.  Apparently not.
> At this point I am just lost as to what I want for my rocco (need 15"
> capable of 11" brake upgrade).  I know I want single-piece construction and
> as light as possible (gee, that isn't asking for the world, is it?).
> Actually, Ronal carried EXACTLY what I wanted until they abandoned most
> stuff under 16".  Maggots.

I have the 15" BBS mesh wheels that were the "other" G60 stockers, and they
have not only not given me any problems, they've been through a couple of
smackers that I'd have sworn would have tweaked one or more of them, and
come out completely unscathed..

As for Ronal, the R-10 Turbo wheel is indeed available in 15", and at an
EXCELLENT price.  I almost bought a set for ND last year, Gary Allison of
Ronal offered them to me and Teulie at $350/set, including mounting &
balancing! (I live 5 minutes from their place).

Will either handle 11" brakes?  No idea..    :?

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0