RE: Soft wheels feedback & conclusion

I had a set of 15" Ronal Wheels on my '87 16v.  3 out of 4 of them were bent
or even cracked.  I eventually had to buy a set of new wheels and tires.

Now... When I first had my Ronal Wheels (with BF Goodrich Euro T/A's
195-50-15), I never ran the tire pressure very high (28-30 psi).  Now on my
new wheels and Tires (MB Motorsports Borbet Type-C style with BF Goodrich
Euro T/A's 195-50-15) I run a higher tire pressure (36-38psi).   I have yet
to bend or even touch these wheels at all.  Tulsa's roads are not that
bad... but I'm not that great of a pothole dodger. :)

My take on the whole soft wheels issue:

A pothole has to go through the tire before it hits the wheel.  If your tire
pressure is too low, there isn't anything standing between the pothole and
the wheel.  If your tire pressure is higher (too high?)the tire will take
the jolt and act as a cushion for the wheel.   Isn't that what tires are
supposed to do?

OK... so that's my 2 pence... and then some.

Derek Tarvin