Soft wheels feedback & conclusion

Ok, I've heard from a number of people and some off List.  Here's what I
get:

1) A number of people have had no problems with the wheels whatsoever...

2) Much more have sighted them as soft and bend-prone.

3) In addition, most of the posts on JWelty (that I recall) for G60 wheels
mentioned that one or two of the wheels where bent.

4) A List member who works in a wrecking yard sites them as bend-prone.

What is more, someone in the know said this:

"While I'm at it, avoid the '89-92 GLI BBS mesh 1-piece wheels
and the '90-92 GTI 16V BBS 2-piece wheels too, they are also very soft.
Cool wheels, but absolute mush."

My conclusion: although a number of people might not have ever had problems
with them, the evidence suggests to me that just as many, if not more, have
had problems.  I consider that a bad ratio.

I had hoped that the wheels VW had chosen would be good.  Apparently not.
At this point I am just lost as to what I want for my rocco (need 15"
capable of 11" brake upgrade).  I know I want single-piece construction and
as light as possible (gee, that isn't asking for the world, is it?).
Actually, Ronal carried EXACTLY what I wanted until they abandoned most
stuff under 16".  Maggots.

What is more, someone in the know said this:

"While I'm at it, avoid the '89-92 GLI BBS mesh 1-piece wheels
and the '90-92 GTI 16V BBS 2-piece wheels too, they are also very soft.
Cool wheels, but absolute mush."

Now I know a number of you have the BBS wheels, so I don't mean to start off
anyone here.  Remember this - just cause we personally have or have never
had a problem with something doesn't define whether it (the product) is
crap.  I am guilty of that so often - "this f'n blah blah blah is crap -
they're all crap - I'll never get another whatever again".

Sorry for the philosophical rant....

-PK