RE: Engine Start Button

<snip Pete>
Well, would we be able to do that to our cars?
<end snip>

I actually have this PO installed option on my Scout.  I have to turn the
key to the on position and then press the button on the dash.  It’s a nice
theft deterrent since you can’t start the truck by just cranking the key.
However, it’s easily argued that putting a theft deterrent device in a
banana cream colored, beater truck is redundant. If you can wait until this
weekend, I can trace the wiring and let you know how it’s set up.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II