Re: Engine Start Button

> Peter Walsh wrote:
>
> Hey Guys,
>
> You know how the S2000 has a red Engine Start button? Well, would we
> be able to do that to our cars?  I was thinking about it (for a while
> now) and this is what I came up with.  Basically, you would use and
> Arcade Machine button, rougly about $2 (red?) and run it to the
> starter. As long as the key is in the on position, the car would be
> able to start.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Pete
> -------

It's in the wiring diagrams my friend. Get a Bentley (you don't have
one? OH?!?) and/or a Haynes and see what needs doing. In effect you are
rerouting one of the wires currently going to the Ign switch in the
steering column and using a momentary switch to handle the duty.

My Pops used to drive us kids around in a French Citroen wagon. It had
just such a button, being old school and all, and I don't see why you
couldn't do the same.

Remember, most every thing needs a fuse inline & design/build by method
of overkill/redundancy. Put in the biggest, baddest button you can, one
that won't bonk after ten thousand pushes. Think Military Surplus. he, he.

TBerk