RE: Whatever......

It was in a Northern Exposure episode that they flung a piano with a
catapult. Chris, the town's radio DJ in the story, came up with the idea to
do it with a cow as performance art, but was convinced by others that the
artistic value wasn't worth the cruelty to animals factor. The piano
surfaced as an alternative when Maggie's got ruined in a house fire. It
wasn't just trick photography, either. They actually built a catapult and
flung a piano with it for the episode. Very funny.