Prep (on a budget) Q's

Fellow Listees,

Been slowly building my 81 for autocross, etc. And could use your help
doing it on a grad student's budget.
Here's what I'm currently looking for:

1) New Springs all around.
The car still has stock springs, but the fronts might have been replaced
with "cargo-coils" before I got it (the front sat high before I cut them
down 3/4 of a coil). Shocks are Boge Turbo Gas, with stock VW anti-roll
bars. I don't want it so low or stiff that I can't drive it on the road,
and I can't justify spending tons of money.

2) Stiffer Motor Mounts.
I especially want to reduce the amount of front to back rocking motion of
the powertrain, so I'm mostly looking at replacing the rear tranny mount
and maybe the front support.

3) Smaller Steering Wheel.
Slightly smaller in diameter than stock, and made to bolt on without
serious modifications.

4) Front Seats.
Good ones from something like a Corrado or 81 S. Sliding around on the old
leatherette's has gotten old.

I'll be happy to hear from anyone with experience, suggestions, or actual
parts related to these needs.

Thanks to all,
Cris