Re: I am an idiot. Please help me.(CV job)

>The reason I am such an idiot is because I didn't check the bentley
>during my CV job. I took the inner joints apart without marking
>anything. So now I have no idea how to get them back together. I do
>have the joints separated so at least I know which balls go with
>which joint, just not which holes they go in. Is there anything I
>can do besides go out and buy all new joints? TIA
>

>Scott Richardson

IMO, buy new joints.  Those bearings bed in to their own race, I believe
the instructions are very explicit concerning (not) mixing them up if
you're reusing them.  You could install some generic auto parts store
rebuilds, but based on what I've heard, you'd probably be installing
another set not too far down the road.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net