Re: Gli Transmission

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Peter wrote:

> As far as I know, the only Rabbit, Jetta, or Scirocco transaxles that
> will work in an A2, is the 4K that came with the '84 1.8L Scirocco,
> Rabbit GTI, Jetta GLi, the ACN and 9A that came with the '85 and up
> Sciroccos and probably the Cabriolets.

The 7A will will also fit, found in 83-84 Rabbits and Jettas. ACN
transmissions (90mm CVs) were common in Golfs (85-87) and Jettas for 85
and 86. 9A's were used in some Rabbit GTI's(supposedly), Sciroccos, and
Golf GTI's and A2 Jettas through the 87 model year.

As a general ROT, any 100+ hp engine will have 100mm CV's, (CIS-E,
Motronic, Dijifant,) while CIS (85/90) and diesel/turbo diesel will have
90mm CVs. However, as stated, the CV flanges will swap from one to the
other (from late 83 020 production on, anyways)

> The 2Y and AGB will work if you change the clutch disc.
>
> The 4K has 90mm CV flanges, but the 9A 100mm flanges swap right over.
>
> Btw, judging by his signature, I assumed it was an 8V...
>
> HTH,
> Peter

Drew

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca