Re: Gli Transmission

Jake,
Depends on if it is a 16V or not. The reason I ask is that any tranny will bolt up to your engine
but if it is a 16V you would have to either use a 2Y or an AGB to use your existing clutch disc.

If it is an 8V any tranny will
work from a Rabbit, Jetta, Golf, Scirocco.

Actually that's not the case, pun intended...

The A2 has a transaxle mount that requires extra mounting holes, where the trans bracket bolts to
differential case.

As far as I know, the only Rabbit, Jetta, or Scirocco transaxles that will work in an A2, is the 4K
that came with the '84 1.8L Scirocco, Rabbit GTI, Jetta GLi, the ACN and 9A that came with the '85
and up Sciroccos and probably the Cabriolets.

The 2Y and AGB will work if you change the clutch disc.

The 4K has 90mm CV flanges, but the 9A 100mm flanges swap right over.

Btw, judging by his signature, I assumed it was an 8V...

HTH,
Peter