Re: It just stops!

I presume, unless you've swapped in an earlier engine, it's a carburettor
model, in which case you could have crap floating in the float chambers
which can intermittently clog jets. You will probably have a 2E2
carburettor, in which case it is not advisable to attempt taking it apart
unless you know what you are doing. Are you sure that the pump is OK as they
can appear to be working while not actually supplying enough fuel to run at
any speed. You could also have a restriction in the fuel line - if, when you
rev the engine, if you see an awful lot of bubbles in the fuel filter then
that cuold be the problem.

Alternatively, does it stall only after you have driven for a good few miles
and has this started happening more as the weather has got colder. If so, it
could be carburrettor icing - it doesn't have to be anything like below zero
for it to happen - check the warm air hose that runs round the timing belt
cover from the exhaust manifold to the air inlet.

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins