Re: [8v] Exhaust upgrade dilemma

> > The Scirocco in question is an '84 Wolfsburg Edition, built 7/84 (a
> > "late" '84) with stock JH engine etc.
> Small spare with the larger tank and transfer pump, right?

Right on!  (Well, I haven't looke for the transfer pump, but I'm pretty sure
my 'rocco is late enough to have one...)

> >  a) Get an aluminized 2" exhaust now, and replace it with a
> I'd probably go that route...
<snip>
> Correction:
> It is $132 plus shipping,,,

Cool.  That sounds like a good plan to me, then.  :)

> > Should I go ahead and put in a 4-into-2 manifold now, or is the swap
> > too much of a PITA to bother with twice?
> This I would definitely do now.
> It makes a a noticible difference, especially with a long TT downpipe.
> It's only a $100 for the TT downpipe...

Excellent.  I have a follow-up question:  At what point does the exhaust
system change to 2"?  At the outlet of the exhaust manifold? On either end
of the downpipe?  At the outlet of the cat?

Also, does the downpipe allow for mounting the O2 sensor, or will I have to
make other provisions?  (Please pardon my ignorance on the subject...)

Thanks, Peter!
Mike Carlson
'84 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition - "Sonja"
'95 GTI VR6 - "Wolfgang"
http://members.home.net/mikes.vws/