Re:Golf 16v muffler on a 8v rocco

>Hey List,
>
>I have just received an original Golf Mkii 16v back muffler for a
>1.8 engine.  I
>am thinking of fitting it into my 82 1.6 8v Rocco.  Apart from whether it can
>physically fit into the undercarriage,  does anyone know if I might face
>additional problems by doing so?  The rest of my exhaust system is original
>stock standard 4-2-1.
>
>All I can say about the MKii 16v muffler is that it is 'fierce' ! - jet black,
>oval shaped chamber with two diagonal outlets - MAN!!!
>
>James

I think your stock exhaust on the 1.6 is a 1.75 inch diameter system, while
the Golf 16v muffler is designed to hook up to a 2 1/8 diameter exhaust.
You  _might_ be able to get an adapter of sorts, Pep Boys sells a bunch of
different ones for like $3 (don't ask how I know, I've suppressed the
episode with therapy).

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net