Re: Tech:audio:Where's my accessory power input?

The best thing that I found was to tap into the wire
in the ignition column that kicks on the door buzzer
when you insert the key into the ignition.  This is
actually the way VW now wires the factory radios.

Key in - radio on, key out radio off.

Not sure which wire it is, you;ll have to play around
with a multimeter.

Mark

--- David Guido <guido_david@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm installing a CD into my MK1 and can't find the
> "switchable" acc power
> input wire. It may have been removed, so I wonder
> where on the back of the
> fusebox can I tap-in?
>
> TIA! And have a great New Year!
>
> David G
> 1981 "S"
> 1980 (16v to be)
> 1988 Volvo Wgn. GL
> 1994 Isuzu Trooper

=====
Mark
Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean that anyone wants to hear it

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/