Re: Tech:audio:Where's my accessory power input?

David, you could tap into the power lead for the rear defrost switch, it
is switched power.  But why not just hook your CD player to constant
power?  Just hook the memory lead of the radio and the switched lead
together to constant power.  I have always done it that way.

Eric

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001, David Guido wrote:

> I'm installing a CD into my MK1 and can't find the "switchable" acc power
> input wire. It may have been removed, so I wonder where on the back of the
> fusebox can I tap-in?
>
> TIA! And have a great New Year!
>
> David G
> 1981 "S"
> 1980 (16v to be)
> 1988 Volvo Wgn. GL
> 1994 Isuzu Trooper

Eric

80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
97 Golf Trek (Parts car)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox