Re: good news and some really bad news..

A trick I learned when you find a filter that was installed with an impact
wrench and/or in a tight place is to take a nice long screwdriver and with a
hammer, drive the screwdriver straight through the side of the filter.
Usually then you can easily break it loose with the screwdriver and continue
to unscrew it by hand.

Ryan
82 Scirocco GL
90 Jetta Carat Wolfsburg