Re: Scirocco.org a club? WTF

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:19:57 -0800 mike <rept@qwest.net> writes:
>What I don't get is why this has turned into an
>argument for or against?

Its not an argument as far as ive seen. So far its been a simple
discussion of ideas, pro's and con's.

> it began as a
>discussion between two members that only wanted to
>"think " of "ways" (plural here) to make this list
>better all around.

If you didn't want it publicly discusses, debated then you should of kept
it a private conversation. Seriously. Thus far there has been no harm in
discussing the possibilities. Im very open to the "what could be" side of
the subject. Ive just not been persuaded for a reason to consider doing
anything so far. That's just me. I still don't see a need for change at
this point in time. Brett wants to have the whole kitty at his place yet
ive not heard what it will take to make it happen. That's really the only
thing that im interested in.

>There are not sides to this yet.  if you have an
>idea- express it freely.  If not - no one asked if
>you WANTED to pay-  it still remains a discussion
>of ways to improve the org.

I thought it was YOU who discussed the idea of having dues, selling
product ect? Regardless, there are definitely sides to this.

>Some of you are getting so bent over the mere
>mention of possibly having to contribute-
>Threatening to "walk".   Why don't you host the
>list on YOUR server then and you can have a free membership.

When Wenzel didn't want to run the list any longer WE, the list chipped
in and paid to relocate it. (where you even here then?) When Scirocco.org
was available, WE the list paid for its reservation. People donating
funds for the benefit of the list is completely different than requiring
people pay to be on the list which, I find lame.

>Lastly-  why are there people starting their
>pipe down".  are some of you that threatened with
>other peoples free thought?   Damn people!!!!

Heh! it was "I" who conjured up the crack pipe line. I found it rather
humorous, others did too so you obviously missed it. Sokay, ill have
future comments that you can get. Or not. :)

The moron line was a bit on the high and mighty side. (not my comment.)

Lets just remind the kiddies that its ok to disagree and have people
disagree with you. That's what makes it a "conversation" after all.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette "SS"
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!