'81 update (clutch and fuel stuff)

Well, last night my girlfriend and I went to my car, stranded 20 minutes
away, and I took to checking stuff.  I pulled the top of the air box off
of my '84 (air flow sensor and fuel distributor) just in case I needed
it.  Got to my car, and of course, it started right up.  I shut it down,
pulled the boot off the AFS and cleaned it up really good.  I checked
all the vacuum connections again, and all was okay.  I jumped the
teminals on the fuel pump relay to check the movement of the AFS plate,
and when I pulled the plate up (with the pump running), there was some
REALLY strange whining/moaning sound from under the car, nowhere near
the AFS or fuel pump.  But, it felt good (even resistance, etc.), so I
put 'er back together and brought it home, expecting it to die.  But, it
didn't, and made it home like nothing was wrong.  Today (took off work
=o) I did some more checking, and it seems like my #1 injector is a wee
bit looser that the others, like maybe the o-ring is going bad?  I don't
think it would cause the car to just shut down, but I could be wrong.
But again, I started it, let it warm up, and it was all good.
Gremlins:  The movie rocks, but in cars, they SUCK!!
On to the tranny/clutch grinding problem.  I did a shifter bushing/shift
rod bearing replacement this afternoon, and it's like a new shiter!!  I
tell ya, though, it was a whole lot easier on my '84, the removable
coolant expansion tank makes access to the linkages MUCH easier.
Now, a question.  While examining the top of my tranny (FF), I noticed a
large knob-like thing behind the reverse-light switch, it's about 2"
high, with a hex-shaped top.  I can pull it up and turn it, but I left
it where it was.  Anyone know what this thing is?
Cross your fingers my gremlin decided to go away!!

One more thing:  My driver's side door sags, and makes it hard to close
w/o slamming it.  Anyone know how I can adjust the hinges myself to make
it close better?

Oh, and my .02 on weighted shift rods:  Get yourself a MOMO Aluminum
Race shift knob and install.  It weighs a ton, is simple to install, and
it makes shifting a whole bunch easier.

Thanks for all the help!!
Nate
'81 (more or less healthy)