Re: title questions

At 12:32 PM 2/26/01 -0800, Anthony Pelletier wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I am having some trouble with my state DMV(maine).  2
>years ago I bought my current 16v from a guy in NH.
>He only put temporary plates on it.  In NH you don't
>need a title for this vehicle, but in Maine you do.
>The state won't give me a title because of the
>previous temporary registration.  I'd like to sell the
>car, but I can't with out a title.  Does anyone have
>any ideas of how I can get a title legally.  I though
>of "selling" it to a friend of mine (in NH) getting
>the permanent registration and then applying for a
>maine title, but I don't want to end up in a mess and
>not have the car registered.  Ugh! I hate the state.
>I have someone who wants to buy the car too..
>
>Tony

Tony, who did you contact about this?  Auburn or the local DMV?  Have you
tried the state directly?  I would call them, tell them the
situation(adding that you have no knowledge of the PO so you can't have him
do anything about-whether true or not), and maybe you'll find a solution.
Point out to them if they say no that  you are stuck with an titalable car
that you can never sell-what do they expect you to do then.

John
BTW  Do you know Mike Davenport(says he knows who you are)?  He is
considering a Scirocco after being away from them for some time-they always
come back!