Re: now: torque is good - was Re: 50 mm vs 40 mm intake

David Liu wrote:

> what are the "standard" mods folks make to get more torque out of the
> engine?? and/or are gear ratio trial and error scenarios more common to
> get the kind of whiplash effect i want in the street environment without
> making major engine mods??

David, replace the 16v transmission in your car with a 4K box and you'll
be impressed with the difference in torque. These transmissions are
easily found in 1984 Rabbit GTi. The 2H trans is also available with an
even lower ratio but doesn't offer the shimmable factory min-slip
differential. -no biggie...

I'd try advancing the ignition timing a little bit, too.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!