Comments on 16v vs. 8v Cruise Control

For the few that have followed this thread, wondering when I'd just let it
go...

Checking ETKA, it seems that the CC systems share a number of parts in
common.  The exception is the linkage mechanism for the throttle bodies.
Quite different between 16v & 8v.

The parts that look to be similar are:

Vacuum pump (engine compartment)
Control Box (under pass dash)
Vent valves (above brake/clutch levers)
Inductive sender for CC (back of instrument cluster)
Vacuum hose & wiring (duh)
2 "Y" connectors

Parts that are model-specific are:

Servo vacuum & linkage (atop valvecover on 8v & behind head on 16v - bitch!)
Bracketry (new word!) to mount & implement the servos

That's about it.  Wiring harnesses for each (which I assume are different)
are probably the biggest pain to claim.  ETKA doesn't happen to show these
(maybe, somewhere on another page I care not to look for).

Hope that helps anyone who may be curious about CC.

L8,
Phil Kerschner
'85 Scirocco (the Loyal One)
'87 Scirocco (sickee)