Vr6 GTI impressions

Well, i am in the market for a new car, actually a newer car.  The rocco has
served me well for 5 years now but as a daily driver it is not going to work
anymore.  They A/C has stopped working, the compressor makes a horrible noise
when on and I don't think it is worth it the money to fix it in such an old
car. I am in Florida where A/C is a necessity.  I will still be keeping the
rocco though don't worry.

Anyways i went to test drive a vr6 GTI today 1998 with 30,000 on the clock
and ICE COLD A/C.  It was in very good condition.  Impressions?  Well for
some odd reason i was not as impressed as I thought i would be.  I don't know
why but my 16v felt faster than the Vr6??  Has anyone else felt this way or
am i just crazy. First gear in the rocco really makes me feel like i am being
pushed back in my seat and in Vr6 it did not feel like this.  The GTI did
feel faster on the highway for passing, it felt much stronger like
downshifting at 60 but it seems the rocco is faster to 60 than the GTI.  What
are your impressions for those of you that have driven the GTI vr6?? Later all

Brian 86 16v
<http://members.nbci.com/captnbr/captnbr>

<http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html>