Re: Vr6 GTI impressions

It really depends on what mods you have done to your Scirocco.  With a
2.0 bottom end, a Scirocco 16V should be able to hang right with a stock
GTI VR6.  I had a 95 GTI VR6 and it did feel stronger than my 88
Scirocco 16V at the time.  I have heard the OBD II GTIs don't feel as
strong as the OBD I GTIs for some reason.  95 is OBD I.  2 of my current
cars are a 97 Jetta GLX and an 87 Scirocco 16V with the stock 1.8.  The
Jetta is faster than the Scirocco, but not by a lot.  To get an idea of
the VR6 torque feel, cruise in first gear at about 4000 rpm and hit the
gas.  This is where you feel a definite difference between the two
cars.  As you mentioned, the VR6 will also pull considerably harder at
the higher speeds, especially in 3rd. I love how the VR6 cars pull in
3rd all the way to 95 mph.

A work with a guy who drives a 97 Mustang GT.  I have gotten into races
of up to 85 mph with him in each car.  The Jetta accelerates right along
with him, the Scirocco barely can't quite hang, and the Callaway
Rabbit...well, it was over before I got out of second.  ;-)

Mike