Instrument cluster lights - help?

After removing my instrument cluster for some high performance upgrades
(well, ok - but it now looks really cool) I no longer have any illumination
for the gauges.

This is a step up from my first re-install, after which I had no tach or
speedo either. Replaced the upper speedo cable that I had clumsily managed
to break, and cleaned up all the connectors with contact cleaner (Berryman's
Electric Motor Cleaner - good stuff) and now I have a perfectly functioning
tach and speedo again but still no lights.

I tested one bulb - it works. So it seems that either they aren't getting
power, I messed up the trace, or I missed something incredibly obvious
reassembling the cluster after installing the gauge faces.

This weekend I wil dive into Bentley to track what wire feeds the lights,
but I'm hoping someone can quickly point out that I'm just an idiot and
forgot to tromulate the luminator bushing or something else equally simple.

Thanks.

Christian
87 16V (pretty white face, in daylight anyway)