RE: removing undercoating

I haven't done this myself yet so YMMV, but, on the wheeltowheel racing list there was a discussion about removing undercoating a year or so ago.  The best/least toxic method I heard was to get some dry ice and spread it over a roughly 2'X2' section at a time.  When all of the hissing and popping stopped (i.e. the undercoating was frozen solid) scoop up the dry ice for later reuse, and hit the floorboard with a hammer.  Word is the undercoating will crumble off of the metal and can be "swept away" at this point.  As I said, I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds plausible.
					Good Luck,
					Arthur