Re: missing at 3k to 4k

>Hey all,
>
>Got a little annoying problem with Phoenix.  Cruising
>at 3 to 4k I've got a mild miss.  This is only at a
>constant speed.  Any time I open her up it immediatly
>goes away.  Last night I went throught the ignition
>system and everything checks out fine.  I'm starting
>to wonder if maybe an injector is dirty but I don't
>get why it only does it while holding at a constant
>speed.  Tonight I'll test the injector spray patterns
>if it ever stops raining:)
>The car is a 78 rocco, no cat, points ignition, 84 1.8
>motor, g-grind, autotech exhaust, with the typical
>K&N.
>
>Anyone have any other suggestions?
>
>George-

Along with several other good suggestions, check your
spark plug wires by misting some water on them at
night.  Look for sparks.  If you seen any, replace
them.  Arcing wires will cause strange misfires like
you are describing.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net