Re: random scirocco quip

--- "Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@core.com> wrote:
>   i was in my gf's car tonight ('89 olds cutlass supreme)
> doing various
> speeds in various traffic. well, when we got home i had
> to go back out
> and get flowers for her (valentine's day and all). hopped
> in the
> scirocco and took off on my mission. since it was raining
> i was paying
> more attention to the road than my speed. when i looked
> down i saw i was
> only doing 30 mph. it felt much faster than that. perhaps
> it is because
> of how i have my seat angled or because of the rain, but
> whomever came
> up with the slogan 'the fastest way to drive 55 mph' must
> have had an
> experience like this. can't see me trading my scirocco
> for much of
> anything in the near future.
>
> --
>  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
> < o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com
>   \ /
>    °

I'll have to agree on this one - I think 60 in the '85
Scirocco feels a lot faster than it does in the Passat.
3300 rpm vs. 2500 rpm helps, plus the Passat is quite a bit
heavier and therefore rides over some of the crap roads
better than the 'roc with some suspension work does. :)

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat
"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat." - Lily Tomlin