Removing Undercoating?

Try Xylol/Xylene and a bit of elbow grease and it will come off. Or use
trichlorethane and just a little bit of effort.

Note that Xylene can give you a good buzz so use it in a well ventilated area
with gloves. Note that trichlorethane will eat through most gloves and plan on
having mutant children if you use it.

-Marc

> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:26:38 -0800 (PST)
> From: Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Removing undercoating?
>
> Hey all,
>
> I need to remove some of that nasty factory undercoating
> from the floorpan of my truck so I can patch a couple
> holes.  Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way
> to remove this stuff?  Chemicals?  Heat?  Combination?

'74 VW Thing in near daily driver condition for sale in Philly PA
    See: http://getty.net/thing/ for more details etc.
'81 VW Jetta Diesel Scraped 12/97 - '84 VW Jetta GLi Sold to NJ 10/99
'84 VW GTI 8v Just got it in October 2000, not much to say yet!
'87 VW Smoking Scirocco Tornado Red 16V 195,100 miles in Philly PA
    since 7/2/99 - Before and after pics: http://getty.net/scirocco/