Re: pressure regulator probs?

Ryan McCarthy wrote:

> Has anyone ever heard of the brake pressure regulator blowing out? Today ,
> my wife was driving her Jetta and stopped really quick. I took it for a
> short ride and every time I step on the brake, the rears lock up (drums).
> I'm thinking the pressure regulator is no longer regulating, causing all
> four wheels to get the same force. Is this off the wall? Anyone have this
> happen to them? TIA
>
> P.S. Because she broke her car today, she took mine to school tonight.
> Hopefully it comes back in one piece and everything working... ;-)
>
> Ryan

Besides the regulator you might just purge the old brake fluid and in
doing so-

1. Get fresh fluid without and water in it.

2. Remove air bubbles, which is a common reason for your symptoms.

This happened with my GTI before I parted it, and when I casually
mentioned it while getting some work done at ND, they just went ahead
and purged out a bunch of the nasty and life was good again.

TBerk