Re: pressure regulator probs?

In a message dated 2/13/01 5:25:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rmccarthy777@msn.com writes:

Has anyone ever heard of the brake pressure regulator blowing out? Today ,
my wife was driving her Jetta and stopped really quick. I took it for a
short ride and every time I step on the brake, the rears lock up (drums).
I'm thinking the pressure regulator is no longer regulating, causing all
four wheels to get the same force. Is this off the wall? Anyone have this
happen to them? TIA

I think that car has the load dependant brake bias valve on the rear beam.
Check to see if the linkage to the beam is still solid.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)