Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1676

Re:  Coolant hoses sticking

After decades, good luck getting them apart.  When I reassembled the 87
16Vs, I used a DuPont Krytox grease (dab) on flange.  As they say, the
dose makes the poison.  Wish I had new stainless Norma hose clamps,
though.  Tried to reuse old one and it didn't have strength to clamp
tightly.  Lost coolant on drive.  Anybody have rational source for Norma
or ABA st steel clamps, LMK.

RE:  Oil pressure dynamic warning.  don't recall exact figures, but maybe
some gen-u-ine VDub mech might verify:  When I replaced the 1.8 bar
sender because of a leak, the replacement was ~ 1.6 bar?  Neat way of making
your one problem go away!

RE:  Jonas and donor/loaner motor.  Why not ask your Uncle Art for it?
You can trust him without taking compression test or anything.

-- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre