Re: g60 research

Here we go...

First, the biggest displacement you'll have with the G60 is a 1.9L block and
that is made with lower compression pistons to deal with the supercharger.

Yes, you need to upgrade your engine management (Motronic).

Stock hp is supposed to be 158 hp.

No frame reinforcement should be necessary.

Head recommendations I cannot make.  You want to be smart there, though, so
check with guys who do that stuff (forced induction, not porting).

Manifold I'd go strictly VW stock, nothing but.

I am sure a few people will comment/contradict what I've said, but this
should get you started (toward the eventual confusion we have all had, and
perhaps toward just going for a big naturally aspirated engine and deciding
WHAT A NIGHTMARE that G60 idea was!)..

-PK

I'm currently researching what's needed to dump a g60 into a mk2.  Here's a
couple of questions I've got about.... stuff.

1.  I'd like to use a 2.0 blok, but is it bolt-in compatible /w mk2?

2.  Does the 2.0 have a "forced air friendly" compression ratio?

3.  I think I'll need a new engine-management system (ugh) is this true?

4.  What's the boner-stock hp rating of the g60 1.8?

5.  Should some things be reinforced in the frame?  (I can sorta weld a
little)

6.  Any Head recommendations? (big valve 8v, 16v)

7.  Manifold requirements... G60 proprietary?  Exhaust headers possible?

Sorry for all the q's, but I figgure this is probably one of the best
resources around.  Lotsa ninjas on this list.

--Regards

Chadwick