brake upgrades

ok, everyone, my little 84 8v is starting to get fast enough that it would
probably be a good idea to upgrade the brakes.  I thought about 1st swapping
the drums for 16v rear disc setup (partially because drums are a pain in the
a$$ to begin with)  But my friend who drives a 16v (and also seems to be
wrong more often than he is right) seems to think that that wouldn't do too
much, and that I should put 16v discs in the front. (If I'm gonna do that,
tho, I figure I might as well put g60 front brakes on).

I will eventually do both, as time and $$ allow, but which one would give me
the most stopping power for my $$?

thanks
andy

'84 'rocco