Re: Help me fix my stereo.

At 5:52 PM -0500 12/30/01, Ashscirocco@aol.com wrote:
>I'm having problems getting a stereo to work in my 1982 Scirocco. I need
>someone to tell me exactly which wires they used when they installed a new
>stereo in their Scirocco. Did anyone have to run new wires, and if you did
>where did you run them from? By the way Hello to everyone I just joined the
>list. I just bought a 1982 Scirocco with 84,000 miles with an Auto tranny,
>immaculate blue interior, very clean silver exterior for $1200. The only
>problem with it is that the stock stereo stations would reset everytime you
>turn of the car. I thought it would be easy to fix, I've done about six
>stereo installs in the past and never had problems like I'm having now.
>Anyway I would appreciate any help.
>Ash

I wired in an Aiwa CD-MP3 player.  It needed 3 power wires: constant
+12v, switched +12v and ground.  The stock harness provided constant
and ground; to supply switched, I tapped the wire for the rear
windshield wiper, after confirming with my mulitmeter that it was
switched.  It was very easy to run the new length of wire under the
hush panel and then behind the console.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |