Re:Why we own our cars, and my new (to me) Rocco

I've been married for 30 years. I can't imagine living with someone who
could not give me the latitude to pursue my hobbies. I did get into trouble
for buying a Rocco just before Christmas and bringing it home on her
birthday. The storm only lasted about a half hour which is no big thing. She
will love this car once it is on the road.

My new Rocco (with the blown engine) ran today after I fixed the broken
bolts on the front mount, changed the fuel distributor, and bought it a new
($39.95) battery. Runs pretty damned well for only $39.95. Turns out that
everything works too including the electric mirrors and the radio. The
transmission is a little sloppy and noisy (linkage is tight) but what can I
expect for 240K? This car has great potential to be a good daily driver.

I need some interior trinkets though, can anyone help me out? it's an '87
16V that needs the shelf behind the rear seat (black), the cover for the
fuse box, the cover for the back lights, and the shelf under the fuse box
cover. Other than these things the car is whole and original.

So, does anyone else think this was a good deal for $500.00 and a 1.8L 16V
with bent intakes?

Rick Alexander
http://www.brubakerbox.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/hams/