Re: Kick her to the curb - Was: Why we own our cars, the shortversion...

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Jeff Toomasson wrote:

> Such hobbies provide outlets for us tinker-types that, more often than not,
> keep us from strangling our significant others!  ;) of course, I'm kidding
> on that note, but you know what I mean...
well,

I just kept being who I am and eventually met a girl that probably liked
me at first *because* i am into VW's, hehe. And my mom would always tell
me if i didnt stop beign a gearheaed with beat up old VW's i'd never find
a girl, proved her wrong ;)

She has an 88 and an 83 jetta, and tells me if i ever sell my splitwindow
bus then she is going to buy one to replace it, because life wouldn't be
complete without a splity in the driveway/yard what have you.

We both share a common dream to someday live on a farm where i can buy
every neglected VW i can afford & plant them out back, and she can have a
few animals a garden and a vintage farm tractor...

take care,

Steve