[Tech Help] Odometer stops at .9 miles and works after reset

Lately while driving I noticed my Odemeter has not
been moving.  I reseted the button and the odemetor
worked again.  It seems to stop at .9 miles everytime
then I have to hit reset again and the top one move
again.  Is this a sign of a dying odemetor.  I was
told by my parents that the odemeter was broken, but a
couple of months ago I had about 100 miles before I
reset it.

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco(stock)
1987 White Quantum wagon (Stock with auto)
aw614.topcities.com/1984.htm