Re: [Tech Help] Odometer stops at .9 miles and works after reset

I have the same prob on my Mk1 an my '87 Jetta, my sister's '86 Jetta
did it too. A guy at one of the local parts places said that a gear
(possibly the one refered to in Patrick's tech procedure) develops a
crack in it, so sometimes it will work, sometimes not. He said to leave
the gear on, clamp it together, either mechanically or just hold it with
your hand, and place a few drops of super glue on the crack to hold it.
Don't know if that is the case with yours or mine, I haven't had time to
tear either one of my dashes apart. Keep us updated.

jeremy